Sci-Tek’s vast experience in the AVIATION industry ranges from small to large capital projects. Sci-Tek provides the following services for the aviation industry:
- Topographic and Boundary Surveying and Mapping
- FAA 7460 Airspace Analysis
- E&S, NPDES, and other Environmental Permits and Environmental Clearances
- Site Design (Grading, Drainage, Stormwater, E & S, etc.)
- Utility Design and Coordination
- Geotechnical Investigations
- Design Services for Repair/Replacement of Deteriorated Pavement, Isolated Concrete Slabs, and Sealing of Cracks and Joints
- Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation
- Environmental Field Sampling
- Wetland Investigation
Fence and Camera Upgrades
Allegheny County Airport
Sci-Tek provided design services for replacement of the perimeter fence and security camera upgrades at the Allegheny Country Airport. The scope of work included design of an upgrade of the existing AOA/perimeter fencing with a wildlife control fence; installation of two additional vehicular gates; replacement of existing security cameras with both fixed and point, tilt, zoom security cameras; and installation of two additional cameras.
Northeast Philadelphia Airport
Sci-Tek provided pavement and subsurface geotechnical investigation services in connection with the development and improvement of the Northeast Philadelphia Airport. Sci-Tek preformed a two-night pavement and geotechnical investigation of runway R-624. The geotechnical investigation was performed to determine fill, soil, rock, and groundwater conditions beneath the runway. The information and analysis will be used for the runway pavement and subgrade design.
McCaslin Road Repairs
Pittsburgh International Airport
Sci-Tek provided design services for resurfacing and other repairs on McCaslin Road from the access gate on the western portion of McCaslin Road to the entrance to the tunnel that leads to the Fire Training Station. Our work has included the following: performed a topographic survey of the roadway, engaged a subconsultant to assess the structural adequacy, incorporated signage at two sharp horizontal curves, prepared construction and phasing plans, prepared a project manual, estimated construction costs, prepared Form FAA 7460 and provided services during bid and construction phases.