Sci-Tek provided geotechnical engineering and environmental consulting services for the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) Taxiway S Reconstruction Project. As a subconsultant to JMT, Sci-Tek provided the following services:
- Drilled borings on Taxiway S and its shoulder to estimate the existing pavement thickness and characterize the subbase and subgrade soils.
- Performed borehole infiltration testing within the footprint of the proposed stormwater best management practices.
- Performed engineering analysis based on the data obtained at the test boring locations and laboratory test results.
- Prepared a Subsurface Exploration Report with professional conclusions and recommendations for the proposed Taxiway S pavement reconstruction and a summary of the infiltration testing and results.
- Provided a Limited Phase II Environmental Site Assessment of Taxiway S in the vicinity of sub-taxiways S4 and S5 to evaluate the presence/absence of potential subsurface concerns.
- Coordinated ground-penetrating radar and magnetometry and Geoprobe soil borings.
- Collected samples for Clean Fill analysis, de-icing analysis, and PFAS compounds.
- Provided a Limited Phase II ESA report with field and laboratory results, professional conclusions and recommendations.