Sci-Tek engineers are very familiar with higher education facility design requirements. In the last five years, Sci-Tek has completed several projects at higher educational facilities. The services we can provide include:
SITE CIVIL DESIGN
- Topographic and Boundary Surveys
- Utility Coordination and Design
- Grading, Drainage, Parking, Driveway, and Pavement Design
- Sustainable Design including Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- Erosion & Sediment Control Plans
- Stormwater Management Plans
- Construction Plans and Specifications
- Construction Administration Services
ENVIRONMENTAL SITE ASSESSMENTS AND REMEDIATION
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
- Asbestos, Lead Paint, Hazardous Building Materials, and Mold Surveys
- Asbestos Abatement Technical Specifications and Cost Estimates
- Asbestos Abatement Air Monitoring
- ADA Accessibility Assessments
- Subsurface Exploration
- Geotechnical Analysis and Design
- Construction Materials Engineering and Testing
Sci-Tek is providing geotechnical, surveying, and permitting services for the design and construction of the the New Scaife Hall as a subconsultant to architectural firm KieranTimberlake. This project includes demolition of the existing Scaife Hall and construction of a new structure, doubled in size. The new Scaife Hall will be an 85,000 sf, 4-story building and will include research laboratories, faculty offices, classrooms, areas for individual and collaborative student projects, space for simulation and training, conference rooms, and an underground parking facility.
Sci-Tek provided environmental services for the complete renovation of Hodges Hall, originally built in 1950. The newly renovated building will house the Office of Undergraduate Studies, Women’s and Gender Studies/Native American Studies, World Languages, Literatures and Linguistics of the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences. Also, the building will house a LGBTQ+ Center, Testing Center and several General-Purpose Classrooms. As a subconsultant to the architect, Sci-Tek provided Asbestos, Lead Paint, and Hazardous Materials Survey; Abatement Design Services; Bidding Services; and Construction Administration Services.
Sci-Tek provided civil and environmental engineering services for the CCAC Ridge Avenue Revitalization (Backfill) Project at the Allegheny Campus. The project involved relocation of the arts and humanities programs from the Visual Arts Building to West Hall; enhanced student development and success programs to Foerster Student Service Center; new student life, retail and activity programs to the pool level of the Physical Education Building; and updates to the student support center and bookstore spaces in the Library Building.