West Virginia University is conducting a complete renovation of Hodges Hall, originally built in 1950. The newly renovated building will house the Office of Undergraduate Studies, Women’s and Gender Studies/Native American Studies, World Languages, Literatures and Linguistics of the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences. Also, the building will house a LGBTQ+ Center, Testing Center and several General-Purpose Classrooms. As a subconsultant to the architect, Sci-Tek is providing the following services:
Asbestos, Lead Paint, and Hazardous Materials Survey
- Collect bulk asbestos samples according to current EPA sampling requirements and submit to a National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program accredited laboratory.
- Obtain samples of painted surfaces utilizing an XRF automatic sampler, which detects lead in the painted surface without damage to the paint or surface.
- Prepare a final report which includes identifitied asbestos containing materials (ACM) and bulk sample methodology, lead-based paint locations and conditions, list of areas containing Hazardous Materials/ Universal Wastes observed, and recommended response actions.
Abatement Design Services
- Prepare and certify specifications for abatement of ACM and removal of other hazardous materials.
- Prepare and submit abatement drawings in AutoCAD that will indicate locations of ACM.
- Attend the pre-proposal conference and provide consultation during the bidding phase.
Construction Administration Services
- Perform environmental air monitoring services in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. This includes area and clearance air monitoring, visual observation of activities during asbestos abatement, and final report upon conclusion.