The Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) is planning the construction of a 50,000 square foot, 3-story workforce training center to deliver instruction for a range of high-demand jobs, including those in the additive manufacturing (3D printing), IT, and culinary fields. Other features will include smart classrooms, laboratories and multi-use spaces. CCAC’s intent for this building project is to achieve a LEED Silver rating. As a subconsultant to the architect, Sci-Tek is providing the following services:
- Geotechnical subsurface exploration
of foundations, below-grade walls, retaining walls, and earth work for the building, pavements, and sidewalks. This includes borings within the proposed building footprint as well as two additional borings for infiltration testing in the faculty and staff parking lot to support the design of subsurface detention facilities.
- Subsurface Utility Engineering Services - drawings will be incorporated into the design to help mitigate subsurface utility risk to project stakeholders.
- Existing site conditions survey including details on existing improvements, such as curbs, shoulders,ramps, sidewalks, islands, pavement, curb inlets, signs, traffic signals and other above ground utility appurtenances, trees or tree lines, shrubs or shrub lines, parking lot and road striping.
- Survey for lot consolidation including identification of the lots involved with proposed project based on existing deeds and a drawing with legal description of the new consolidated lot.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessment to determine past use history of project site.
CIVIL DESIGN SERVICES
- Site layout of hardscape items
- Grading, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control plans
- Design documents and water/sewer tap-in and technical specification drawings
- Construction administration services