Since 2017, Sci-Tek has been providing water resource engineering and technical support services for Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) as a subconsultant to CDM Smith. Our team supports the PWD Office of Watersheds (OOW) in numerous regulatory compliance obligations related to its stormwater and wastewater programs. Compliance with regulatory programs requires considerable technical, financial, and regulatory expertise that is up-to-date, comprehensive, grounded in national experience, with a thorough knowledge of local requirements and challenges. The team must provide the necessary water resources engineering and technical services to support PWD in achieving compliance with the City’s Consent Order and Agreement (COA) and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits. Sci-Tek is providing assistance on the following tasks:
TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR COA COMPLIANCE AND CSO ABATEMENT
- Support for development of regulatory deliverables including the Year 10 Evaluation and Adaptation Plan
- Support of potential program adaptation evaluations including engineering and cost-effectiveness analyses of alternatives to meet COA requirements.
- Support for PWD’s risk governance program.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR NPDES PERMITS AND OTHER REGULATORY COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Annual Reports, Discharge Monitoring Reports, Pollutant Reduction Plan support, Defining Maximum Extent Practicable, development of meeting materials, and other formal and informal communications with regulatory agencies.
GREENS STORMWATER INFRASTRUCTURE (GSI) DATA ANALYSIS, TECHNICAL AND TRACKING SUPPORT
- Provide support for expanded analysis and tracking needs related to GSI implementation, NPDES MS4 and CSO permits, NPDES Annual Reports, production of regulatory deliverables, and other needs as they arise.
- GSI-related activities including data tracking, design data interpretation processing for hydrologic and hydraulic input, monitoring data support, and compliance program technical support.