The Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (HACP) owns 86 existing low-income public housing units, currently referred to as Manchester Commons, scattered throughout 56 properties in the neighborhood; there are 8 multifamily residential buildings and 48 single family homes. HACP acquired ownership of these units through its subsidiary ARMDC - Manchester GP, LLC in 2016 with the intent to redevelop the properties through the moderate rehabilitation and comprehensive restoration of the existing housing units. All 56 properties require capital improvements in order to improve the quality of life for residents and preserve the affordability through the HUD Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program. To facilitate these improvements, Sci-Tek is providing Professional American Land Title Association (ALTA) Survey Services for all 56 properties. The scope of work is as follows:
- Perform a field survey to establish horizontal & vertical control points that are referenced to the State Plane Coordinate System (PA South) NAD 83 horizontal datum. The vertical datum will be NAVD 88.
- Review title information provided.
- Compute the geometry of the subject tract(s) from the record deed description. Compute the geometry of adjoining tracts from deeds as necessary and available.
- Conduct an ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey of the tract(s), including existing utilities as indicated by observed above ground appurtenances as well as markings provided by the responders of the PA One call system ticket, significant vegetation, fences, streets, sidewalks, curbs, storm structures, sanitary sewer structures, etc. The ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey will include Optional Table A Items 2, 3, 4, 5, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b1, 7c, 8, 10, 16 and 17 and will be in accordance with the Minimum Standard Detail Requirements effective February 23, 2021.
- Prepare a drawing showing the results of the survey.