Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Sci-Tek provided civil engineering for the design of intersection improvements at Highland Avenue and East Liberty Boulevard. The scope of work included utility coordination and design, accessible curb ramp and sidewalk design, and construction services required for the redesign of the intersection to improve pedestrian safety, as well as, bicycle and vehicular movement. As a member of GAI’s design team, Sci-Tek’s scope of work includes:
- A PA One Call to identify the utilities that provide above and below ground service at the affected locations, and collection of available site location information from the Owner and the utility companies.
- Coordination with utility companies (domestic water, fire, sanitary, storm sewer, electrical, natural gas, cable, fiber optic) to obtain type and size of service.
- Coordination with the project surveyor to locate the utility lines that have been marked.
- Attendance at project coordination meetings to discuss utility involvement.
- Coordination with the project team to obtain grading changes to the existing streets.
- Attendance at scheduled coordination meetings to discuss roadway grading changes that involve the accessible ramp and sidewalks.
- Design of accessible curb ramps and sidewalks within the limit of work for the project.
- Preparation of construction plan drawings, cost estimates and technical specifications for the accessible ramps, sidewalk and curbs.
- Attendance at the pre-bid meeting.
- Construction services including review of contractor shop drawings and provision of responses to project Requests for Information.