Sci-Tek is providing engineering and project planning services for the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project in the Downtown, Uptown, Oakland and East End areas of Pittsburgh for the Port Authority of Allegheny County (PAAC). Working as a subconsultant to CDM Smith, Inc., the prime consultant, our services include:
- A field view to review existing conditions along the corridor.
- Line, grade and typical section plans that consider the impact, cost and constructability of the BRT route and design for stations and other improvement areas, including necessary elements for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines and the City of Pittsburgh.
- Pavement marking plans for modifications to the existing pavement areas, considering the turning radii of PAAC’s vehicles and pedestrian safety.
- Development of a stormwater management strategy for the corridor.
- Utility coordination and relocation plans to identify impacts, define possible work-arounds, and identify the responsible party.
- Project management and QA/Q