The City of Pittsburgh is planning a renovation of the former Thaddeus Stevens School, a Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation Historic Landmark. The space will be renovated to accommodate public safety departments including Specialty Deployment Division Law Enforcement and a parking garage will be built to accommodate these departments. Sci-Tek is working in coordination with the Architect Buchart Horn to provide the following services:
- Perform a survey of the existing site conditions.
- Coordinate SUE services to locate the subsurface utilities to SUE Level B using ground penetrating radar (GPR)
- Prepare a topographic survey drawing to show the details of the features surveyed.
SITE CIVIL DESIGN
- Prepare schematic design, design development, final design and construction drawings, permitting applications, and specifications suitable for bidding of the site/civil items.
GSI INFILTRATION TESTING
- Perform up to four test borings and four borehole infiltration tests.
- Prepare a letter report to transmit the infiltration test results, test boring logs, and laboratory test results.
- Perform a geotechnical subsurface exploration for a proposed garage to be located on the property.
- Present recommendations based on the data obtained at the test boring locations, visual observations, laboratory test results, and the analyses performed.
- Provide asbestos containing materials (ACM) and hazardous materials survey and submit abatement drawing(s) in AutoCAD that will indicate locations of ACM.
- Provide consultation during the bidding phase.
- Provide environmental air monitoring services during asbestos removal.