Sci-Tek Consultants, Inc. (Sci-Tek), in coordination with Michael Baker International, provided surveying and civil and geotechnical engineering services for site improvements and upgrades and installation of a radio tower for the Allegheny County Emergency Services (ACES) Department near Pittsburgh Aiport. Sci-Tek provided the following the services:
Geotechnical engineering services including a subsurface exploration of the proposed self-supporting radio tower located on the property.
Surveying services including a site investigation and limited topographic survey for field verification of existing conditions of the building, site development locations and radio tower.
Site civil design services including:
- Site design and grading for the radio tower, garage door apron site and security upgrades, including stand-off safety area, fence and gates, revisions to circulation and parking, development of designated new parking area and ADA parking relocation.
- Coordination with the mechanical/electrical/plumbing disciplines to obtain the sizing of each utility required for site trenching as well as placing a PA One Call design ticket.
- Video inspection and report of the sanitary sewer main to the existing building.
- Erosion and sedimentation control drawings and details.
- Design drawings for the proposed site improvements and radio tower, including indication of the limits disturbance, the extent of the bituminous pavement, details of the pavement, and utility routing.
- Technical specifications for the work associated with the project.
- A plan drawing for submission to Moon Township for a subdivision and land development application and a grading permit.
- Bid phase services including contractor requests, addenda to manual or drawings, and attend pre-bid conference.
- Construction phase services including contractor requests, review and approval of submittals, shop drawings and substitutions, and four site visits during construction.